Sr. java developer
Renoworks Software Inc.
Who We Are:
We are Renoworks.
From humble beginnings to online platform, our 20 years of visualization leadership has helped thousands of manufacturers, contractors, and builders empower millions more homeowners to reach their final purchase decisions with peace of mind.
What We Do:
We weave unique digital homeowner experiences with industry leading knowledge to create a thriving data platform that powers the most important decisions in home improvement.
What We Want:
To innovate and to invest in the right talent.
We’re on the lookout for not just good, but great people who understand the power of possibility; tempered by pragmatic solutions.
As a highly skilled Sr. backend developer, you will have considerable experience building, optimizing and debugging REST APIs and relational databases. As a senior you will work alongside our technical lead and others to plan and architect efficient, reusable application features and solutions.
This is a 100% remote position (Candidates working in EST/CST/MST/PST time zones are preferred)
- Build, optimize and debug REST API and business logic in partnership with the api consumers, team lead, dev-ops and quality assurance
- Build reusable code and libraries for maintainability and scalability
- Work with technical lead and other sr. developers to offer strategic technical direction for our web applications and internal developmental processes
- Actively participate in the code review process, receiving and providing constructive feedback on ways to improve code execution
- Write and maintain documentation as it relates to code being produced
- Maintain an understanding of latest web application best practices through self-education and participation in workshops, conferences, group meetings
- Mentor Jr./Int. developers
- Strong grasp over Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Excellent knowledge of Java and Java frameworks like SpringBot
- Strong knowledge of relational database design and SQL
- Solid understanding of HTTP REST APIs, JSON, and API tools like Postman or cURL
- Understanding of source control and release best practices
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and reasoning
- Ability to solve complex problems
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with Unix operating system and scripting in Bash or Python
- Experience with test automation and CI tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Demonstrated ability to work with Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Understanding of microservice development using Spring Boot Framework
Think you’re the perfect fit for this job? Fill out the form below to apply.