Last updated: June 24, 2020
Depending on the Software and Services you are using, additional privacy policies and terms of service may apply to you. For example, a Client Solution may have additional terms of service and privacy policies specific to that Client. You are encouraged to review these additional terms before using the applicable Client Solution.
GIVING YOUR CONSENT
- Additionally, when using the Software and Services, you shall be subject to any published guidelines, rules or terms applicable to such Software and Services, which may be posted from time to time.
- Personal information is information about an identifiable individual.
HOW RENOWORKS COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In strict adherence with government regulations, PIPEDA, CASL and other applicable laws, Renoworks may collect and add current and past user data from the Software and Services to our business systems and to our email subscriptions lists and request your consent (opt-in) to receive product updates, news, special offers and promotions by email.
- You may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information to Renoworks any time you are in contact with Renoworks, including contact by telephone or email, through the Renoworks website, or in person. In those circumstances you can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or services or access or use certain features of the Software and Services.
- For example, when you create or manage an account with Renoworks, when you use the Software and Services, register or subscribe for Renoworks’ newsletters or promotions, participate in Renoworks’ promotions, or when you contact Renoworks, Renoworks may collect a variety of your personal information, including:
i. Contact, Location & Demographic Information: your name, date of birth, mailing and shipping address, email address, phone numbers, organization name and address, property information, age, IP address and location information.
ii. Usage Information: your preferences, uploaded images (including images of your home or property), information about your usage of the Software and Services, credentials, product interaction, pages you visit, device and usage data, and project data.
iii. Payment Information: your payment details, transaction history, and credit card number.
iv. Communications with Renoworks and Clients: survey and testimonial responses, feedback, records of phone conversations and customer support correspondence.
v. Log Data & Information from Page Tags: unique identifiers, analytics, page and app activity, app behavior and usage statistics.
- You might also provide Renoworks with the personal information of other persons, such as business associates or co-workers. Please ensure that you have the consent of other persons before you provide their personal information to Renoworks.
HOW AND WHY RENOWORKS USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Renoworks uses your personal information for various purposes and reasons, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law, including, without limitation: (a) to contact and correspond with you regarding your business or transactions, and your use of the Software and Services, to provide you with customer care services, and to provide you with information regarding Renoworks’ or its partner or Client announcements, promotions, upcoming events, new products and special features; (b) to facilitate transactions and process orders and payments for products and services purchased, ordered or used by you (including to remind you of unpurchased items left in your online shopping cart, to contact you regarding billing and payment discrepancies and to validate receipts); (c) to process and respond to your specific suggestions, comments, inquiries, and requests, and to otherwise administer Renoworks’ or its Clients’ relationship with you; (d) to personalize and improve your user experience and deliver relevant information to you; (e) to administer and facilitate your participation in contests and promotions; (f) to develop, deliver, and improve the Software and Services and Renoworks and Client marketing and advertising and (g) to prepare reports on your usage of Client Solutions for review by the applicable Renoworks Client who operates it.
- Renoworks may also develop a confidential profile for you, which will be used to provide services to you and facilitate your transactions with Renoworks and your use of the Software and Services.
- Renoworks may combine your personal information collected through various sources, including information collected through the Software and Services and information obtained from other sources.
- You may also provide personal information in order to receive email and other communications from Renoworks. You may unsubscribe from those communications by using the applicable self-service unsubscribe procedure offered by Renoworks (for example, by clicking an unsubscribe link in an email or adjusting your website user account preferences) or by contacting Renoworks using the contact information noted below. From time to time, Renoworks may use your personal information to communicate with you regarding important matters, such as information about your membership, educational program changes, and deadlines; because this information is important, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- Renoworks also collects non-personal information – information that is not about an identifiable individual, including personal information that has been aggregated or otherwise anonymized so that it no longer relates to an identifiable individual. For example, the Software and Services may automatically collect certain non-personal information regarding website users, such as the dates and times they access the website, the browsers, operating systems, and devices they use to access the website, the website pages they access, and the referring and exit website pages.
- Renoworks may use, disclose, transfer, and retain non-personal information for any purpose and in any manner whatsoever.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- For example, Renoworks may use information collected through cookies and similar technologies to recognize the user of Software and Services, track use of the Software and Services, offer personalized content, information and advertisements, and otherwise facilitate and improve the experience with the Software and Services. You may choose to decline or disable cookies if your web browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Software and Services.
SOCIAL NETWORKING AND SIMILAR SITUATIONS
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
- Employees and Contractors – Renoworks employees and contractors may use your information for the purposes of delivering the Software and Services.
- For example, Renoworks engages Service Providers to help operate the Software and Services, websites, advertising, and email services and to analyze information collected through websites, advertising, and email (including through cookies and other similar technologies). We also engage Service Providers to deliver property measurement data through the Software and Services.
- For example, Renoworks may disclose information to law enforcement authorities or other businesses and organizations in connection with the detection, prevention, and prosecution of activities that Renoworks reasonably believes to be unlawful or fraudulent, and the disclosed information may include personal information of the individuals suspected of involvement in unlawful or fraudulent activities.
RETENTION, LOCATION AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCURACY AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You can help Renoworks maintain the accuracy and completeness of your information (including your Software and Services account information) by notifying Renoworks of any changes to your personal information. You may update your account information through the Software and Services or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request access to your personal information and information about Renoworks’ collection, use, disclosure, and retention of that information by sending your request to Renoworks’ Privacy Officer at the address noted below. Subject to applicable exceptions and limitations prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate.
- Personal Information of Children – Renoworks does not knowingly collect personal information from or relating to children who are under 13 years of age without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. Renoworks expects parents to supervise and monitor their children’s disclosure of personal information, including through the Software and Services. Please immediately contact Renoworks’ Privacy Officer at the address noted below if you believe that Renoworks has unintentionally collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. If Renoworks learns that it has inadvertently collected the personal information of a child under 13 years of age without appropriate consent, Renoworks will use reasonable efforts to delete that information from its systems (except to the extent that retention of the personal information is required or permitted by applicable law).
- Employment – Renoworks may use and disclose your personal information to administer and process your application for employment with Renoworks and related matters.
- Unsubscribing to Newsletters and Messages – You may unsubscribe from Renoworks’ electronic newsletters and similar messages by using the applicable self-service unsubscribe procedure (for example, by clicking an unsubscribe link in an email or adjusting your website user account preferences), or by contacting Renoworks at email@example.com by calling 1-877-980-3880.
2721 Hopewell Place NE
or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- The categories and types of personal information collected are set out under the heading “HOW RENOWORKS COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” above.
- The business and commercial purpose for collecting personal information is set out under the heading “How and Why Renoworks Uses Your Personal Information”
- The categories of third parties we share your information with is set out under the heading “Who Has Access to Your Information?”
- Under California law, you may have the following rights:
i. The right to know about your personal information that is collected, disclosed or sold
ii. The right to opt-out of any sale of your personal information
iii. The right to request your personal information be deleted
iv. The right not to be discriminated against for these rights
v. You may exercise your rights by emailing our privacy officer at email@example.com
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference you can set in certain browsers. Renoworks does not respond to DNT signals.
- You may update your personal information any time by logging into the applicable Software and Services or in any other case by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RENOWORKS’ ROLE UNDER GDPR (EU AND UK VISITORS ONLY)
- GDPR and UK data protection laws may apply in certain circumstances, such as if you access the Software and Services from the E.U. or the U.K..
- Renoworks acts as a “data controller” when it makes decisions about how and why your personal information is processed. For example, Renoworks is a data controller when we are:
i. Receiving information from you to set up your account or process your orders through the Software and Services
ii. Collecting information from you, including as a third-party provider on behalf of our Clients and Service Providers
iii. Viewing your usage of the Software and Services
iv. Recording and using your information for marketing, service delivery, and other communications to you
v. Corresponding with you about support questions
vi. Receiving information from job candidates, Clients, Service Providers, partners and others
vii. Collecting information from you through surveys and emails
- When Renoworks acts as a data controller, the legal basis for processing your information includes:
i. your consent, which you have the right to withdraw at any time.
ii. necessity to perform a contract with you, such as our provision of the Software and Services to you
iii. purposes of legitimate interest
iv. necessary for compliance with legal obligations
- When you use the Software and Services you may have the following rights under GDPR:
i. The right to be informed about why we process your information and who we share it with
ii. The right of access to see information held by Renoworks as a data controller
iii. The right to erasure, under which you can ask for personal information to be deleted
iv. The right to object to processing your information
v. The right to restrict processing of your information
vi. The right to data portability so that you can transfer your data to another data controller on request
vii. Rights in relation to automatic data processing. Renoworks may use automated decision-making when processing your information for the Software and Services, marketing, and administrative purposes.
- If you want to exercise any applicable rights above, contact email@example.com
You may not alter, use, transmit, repurpose, sell, copy, distribute or display any portions of the Software and Services without written consent from Renoworks Software Inc. This includes all graphics and site content.
Renoworks Software Inc. does not warrant or make any representations or claims as to the validity, correctness, currency or otherwise of the information provided in the Software and Services, nor shall it be liable or responsible for any claim or damage, direct or consequential, arising out of the interpretation, failure of performance, error in content, delay in operation of site, computer virus, reliance upon or other use, authorized or unauthorized, of such information.
Certain links on our website lead to other websites maintained by independent parties over whom Renoworks Software Inc. has no control. Renoworks Software Inc. makes no representation to the accuracy or any other aspect of the information contained on such sites.